E0431 Understanding the Emergency Management Assistance Compact Content
The goal of this course is to introduce emergency management personnel and response and recovery personnel from all political jurisdictions to the EMAC process and assist them in gaining familiarity and competency with the EMAC system so when an event occurs that requires activation of the EMAC system, they know how to proceed; and what documentation and sources of information to use for guidance in order to maximize use of all available resources.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the legal stipulations in the EMAC Articles of Agreement.
- Describe the EMAC governance structure and Member State roles and responsibilities.
- Explain the process for requesting and offering assistance through the EMAC system.
- Apply the recommended actions during each phase of the EMAC process.
- Identify the EMAC levels of operations and span of control.
- Apply the process and procedures for reimbursing resource providers
- November 9-12, 2015
- May 9-12, 2016
E0431 - Understanding the Emergency Management Assistance Compact Flier